Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bow Season is Finely Here

Yesterday was the opening day of Wisconsin’s bow deer season. I went out in the afternoon because I had to work in the morning. I got out to my stand at about 2:00pm.

After I got out to my stand it was quiet until about 3:00, and then 5 squirrels started to run all around and play, I even had one fox squirrel clime on halfway onto the seat of my treestand. At about 4:00 a raccoon walked thru and all the squirrels ran off, and then about ten minuets later a red fox walked thru and while I was watching it, it walked right past a deer.

At first I couldn’t tell whether or not it was a buck or a doe but as the deer came closer and more out of the brush I could see that it was a doe. A doe is what I wanted to put some meat in the freezer, I wasn’t going to shoot a buck unless it was a huge buck, and I know that there are some around I have seen a couple nice 10 pointers around and there is at least one 12 pointer around. That doe came within 40 yards but never came out of the brush enough to give me a shot.

That doe hung around for about a half hour and then walked off. It wasn’t long after that one left that five more deer came in. there were 3 adult does and 2 yearling does. They all came within 40 yards one even came to about 20 yards, but I was never presented with a opportunity to take a shot that I was shore that I could have a clean kill. They walked around the woods eating until about 5:30. And then the squirrels came back but there were about 15 of them, and I hunted until 6:00 because I had to be some ware by 6:30. All and all it was a awesome opening day of bow seoson.

1 comment:

  1. Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with afterward you
    can write or else it is complicated to write.

    My page ... best Los Angeles video production help

    ReplyDelete