Thursday, April 23, 2009

Turkey Hunt Update Day 2

I got set up in the field at about 5:00 this morning. The first cupel hours hunting was pretty quite at about 8:00 I hadn't seen a turkey yet and didn't hear much all morning and I had to go pee so I got out of my pop up blind relieve myself and but wen I zipped up and turned around, It Happened Agin. There was a hen about 70 yards, so I suck back into the blind. Luckily it didn't spook.

As Othmar Vohringer said in my last post:"Now that right there is funny because something like that happened to me a few years ago"

I guess if it happens to days in a row that must make it hilarious. About
15 minuets later 4 hens and a tom came out into the field. I was able to call two of the hens into my decoys and keep them there for about 5 minutes, but the tom followed the other to hens and I was not able to even get him to stop with my calling. I didn't see anything the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment