Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Turkey hunt update


I got in and set up at about 4:45 this morning, the turkeys where already gobbling even thou shooting hours did not start until 5:25. I saw my first turkey a hen at about 5:40. It was 8:45 and I hadn't seen anything sense then and I had to pee so I got up and walked about 5 yards and went, but wen I turned around and there was a tom at about 60 yards out in the field. He saw me turn around and started to run around trying to figure out ware to run so I went and grabbed my gun and took a shot! I MISSED! If only I had sat for 5 minutes longer he would have came right in to my decoys. I sat the rest of the day and saw one more hen at about 1:00. Shooting hours were done at 7:45 so I figure that I hunted 15 hours today. After shooting hours were done I sat at a pond on the propriety I was hunting on until it was completely dark. This pond is kinda in the woods and about 1/2 an acre, and wen I was sitting there for Wood Ducks came landed right in front of about 10 feet out, that maid the hole day worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that how it always goes every time you decide to get up or move they come running by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that right there is funny because something like that happened to me a few years ago. No turkeys around that I could see or hear. I thought it was safe get up and empty my aching bladder. Zipped up turned around and what you know, three turkeys, a jake and two hens starred at me from 25 yards away. How embarrassing is that!

    -ov-

    ReplyDelete